Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2017

My Illness at Home



Image result for starship new zealand

My Illness at Home

Two terms ago, I was diagnosed with rheumatic fever. This is what happened.

One day I woke up and my leg was sore. It felt like someone was stabbing me. I tried to forget it but it didn't work. “Krystal, that doesn't look good,” mum said. Then mum carried me to the car. Then we went to the hospital.

My mum and I went to Starship to check if anything was wrong with my leg. The doctors put a moon boot on me, and sent us home. Then I got ready for school.

A few weeks later, my leg was sore. Luckily, my older sister told my mum to take me to the hospital again in case I might be diagnosed with rheumatic fever. We went the next day, and they said that I was diagnosed with rheumatic fever. We were so lucky that they caught it so early.

I had to stay in the hospital for 2 and a half months.

On August the 4, I was allowed to go home for 3 days. But I went back to the hospital. I stayed until sunday.

Being at home:

In the beginning I slept a lot .I slept in the lounge because I wasn’t allowed upstairs.I wasn’t allowed to eat sweets and chocolate because I was sick. I don’t like vegetables because they smell funny.

When I was at home a teacher came to my house and her name is Felicity she came twice a week to help me learn.

I love tv shows and one is called Shortland Street and Sesame Street.I watched some tv shows in the afternoon.

I love going to church in a wheelchair because I get to do nothing but sometimes I get tired of sitting down then my mum tells me to get off the wheelchair and walk for a little bit then I went back on the wheelchair then we went home.

2 comments:

  1. We were so sorry to hear about your illness, Krystal, and missed you at school. You have made a really good effort at writing about it and explaining how it was for you. Well done and look forward to you being back at school full time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krystal

    I feel sorry for you I hope that you got better and everyone here will hopefully pray for you.
    By Sateki

    ReplyDelete